Saturday, March 14, 2009

Where is Russell the Pirate?

About this time last year Lauren and I thought it would be super sweet to send some bobble-head dolls around the world with young adults. I was in possession of Russell the Pirate for a couple of months and we were lucky enough to visit Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Sierra Leone last March and April. Russell is the adventurous sort, as you would guess most pirates arrgghh.
Thinking about Russell and all that he has seen, I am reminded that I was not meant to watch life from the sidelines - I was meant to be a part of it. In the Pslams we are told there is a time and season for everything - a time to rest, a time to sow, a time to reap, a time to dance, time to mourn, etc. I am ready to dance and reap the harvest. Anyone with me?
On the left you can see Russeell with Damaka, our wonderful CARE driver in Ethiopia. It wasn't easy to take photos inconspicuously of a plastic bobble-head in communist village in rural Ethiopia, but somehow I managed. There are many more adventures Russell would like to share, but those will have to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment