Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's Been a Long Day

So we, (myself, Fr. Dann, and Sarah B), picked up Connie Cote from Valdosta around lunch time today and then continued on to the Daysprings Episcopal Conference Center in Parrish, FL right outside of Tampa.  We made pretty good time, so that was a bonus.  The evening started off with a pretty good dinner and then we had the Rector's Address.  Cori Phillips from Michigan is the current president of Vocare International and she let us know that we'll be doing some voting on the next steering committee members as well as workshops throughout the weekend.  Oh - before Cori started talking we did a couple of songs that were new to me (I liked them), and a couple of icebreakers.  We ended up the evening with an ice cream social (yummy!) and now we're all just hanging out for a bit before crashing into bed.

I like Daysprings a lot so far - it's really pretty and the weather's been pretty nice up to this point.  I'm really excited about the workshops and all the learning opportunities I'll get to have and then to be able to take it back to our Vocare ministry.  But overall, I'm just really freaking excited about being here - woot woot!

Peace & Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment