Friday, March 27, 2009

Learning Time!

I must admit, today was pretty freaking fun.  Today started with the morning service at the outside chapel, which was just beautiful.  It was just a gorgeous sight. (I'll try to post a picture or two later.)  We had two workshop sessions before lunch - Connie and I attended Evolution of Leadership: Past, Present, and Future and then Sarah and I went to Teambuilding and Games.  The first workshop integrated ideas of how to publicize and get the word out on Vocare, how to deal with burn out, the importance of evaluations, and communication between other diocesan programs.  The second workshop was all fun and games - literally. We got to learn new teambuilding games, and that was pretty awesome. :)  

The afternoon session consisted of the General Assembly meeting, which is where we went over the business side of Vocare.  It was interesting to hear about what was going on nationally and to hear all the reports from the active Vocare dioceses.  There was also discussion that Vocare International was going to have a booth at General Convention this year, which definitely makes me want to go to convention even more.  So we'll see how that works out. ;)  We broke into our provincial groups to see who would be interested in filling open positions on the Vocare International Steering Committee.  Tomorrow we will meet again and make the decision on who best to fill those positions and bring it before the General Assembly.  

The last workshop of the day was Creating a Healthy Vocare Body.  This included different ideas for responses to talks, what you can and cannot do at a weekend, and other activities that can be added in if necessary.  It was cool to hear what other dioceses do and to get suggestions that sounded like pretty awesome ideas.  After dinner we had a handy dandy music/worship session, which was fun.  I'm continually learning new songs, so of course that makes me happy. :)

Anyway, I know this is pretty long, but I'm really enjoying it and learning a lot.  I love the fact that I've gotten to meet people from all around and hear about their experiences.  

Peace & Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment