Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New York, New York

Well, I know I told everyone that we would be blogging, but we have had some late nights so far this week!! I am happy to say that we are all happy even though we have been having some long days so far. I am going to try to write a separate blog for each day, so that the entries are not too long.

A few notes I jotted down before we left:

I am so excited about our schedule. Tiffany, Elizabeth, Alayna, Toby, and Amanda have all never been to NYC before, so I can't wait to see how they react to the city. I think the activities we have planned will be a perfect way to introduce people to the city and kind of how it works. We have each agreed to do a debrief and Compline one night of the trip, so I will let you know who has what day when I blog about it. Here is a short schedule of our trip.

Saturday: Fly up, get some lunch, go to the convent where we are staying, get to know the neighborhood by walking around a little, then I am surprising the group by taking them to St. Mary's in Manhattanville for Compline with a group of Young Adult Interns that are working there.

Sunday: Church at St. John's in the Village, lunch at Cornelia Street Cafe, trip to Times Square, and the Lion King on Broadway.

Monday: Trinity Wall St., St. Paul's Chapel, audio tour of Ground Zero by Courtney Cowart, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, dinner in Little Italy with some of our New York friends

Tuesday: Meetings all day at 815 with different ministries and the Presiding Bishop

Wednesday: The Cloisters, Lunch and Eucharist at Smokey Mary's, The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Thursday: Freetime all day, tour of General Seminary, play at the Episcopal Actor's Guild

Friday: Work at the Momentum Project all day

Saturday: Medieval Tour of St. John the Divine, Spire tour, Eucharist, and hopefully someone coming in to play the organ, and travel home.

I think it is a great schedule and I am excited to see what everyone else thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment