Thursday, September 20, 2007

Are you going to San Fransisco..be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...

It's the evening before the big trip to Camino in San Francicso. I'm so excited about the trip- seeing a new city, meeting young adults from around the country, and spending some serious quality time with Woody! I'm least excited about the flight (I seem to be scared of flying ever since my flight to Jacksonville, FL in a hurricane a couple of years ago) and most excited about hanging out with awesome young Episcopalians who are doing the Big Guy's work across this great land of ours. Ok, yes I know, it should be "the Big God's work" or something like that, non-gendered. I am a feminist and not sure that God looks or acts much like the men/guys on earth, but I do like to be able to say "him" every once in a while during a prayer in church (my church tends to replace the "Him"s with "God"s). I guess there is just some Baptist in me I can't shake.

Nice tangent, anyway on to bigger questions. Will I wear flowers in my hair- yes or no? I guess I will just have to see what Lauren lets me get away with. Maybe after holding my hand for four hours on the plane she will just be happy I am otherwise occupied, even if it is with finding flowers to put in my hair.

Seriously, I am really looking forward to this trip and sharing our experience with any readers who happen to check out the blog. We will also be putting together a sweet video, so keep your eyes peeled for that one.

Peace out,

Sarah aka Bliz

1 comment:

  1. Whoo Hoo!!! Lets get going. I can't wait to get to spend some time with you. I can't think of anyone I would rather go with. We are going to have a blast!!! See you in the morning, and please wear flowers.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete